Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a Kenwood DDX719 in dash DVD stereo.

, how do I hook up my I phone 5 so I can watch netflix, listen to Pandora and ipod music?

How can I listen to all my music from pandora, and the music (ipod) that is on my iPhone 5? I tried the usb charging cable and that does not work?

Also how can I watch Netflix on the DVD player as I did with my iPhone 4 and 4s. I need a video out Lightning cable?

Also how can I plug my iphone 5 into my HDMI TV's at the boat, and Rv's? Need a HDMI out viedo cable?

iPhone 5, iOS 6, Audio and video connetions

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 11:21 AM

1 reply

Jan 18, 2013 12:20 PM in response to therobesons

I've spoken to Kenwood about this and basically you can't get video out of the phone to your kenwood using the standard cable with STINKS! There are a few options though.

Not for the Kenwood, but generally for video is the HDMI out for the iPhone 5. Which is a good start.

For the Kenwood, a company called iSimple is apprently coming out with a composite video out adapter for the iPhone5. You can read about it here: http://www.ceoutlook.com/2012/11/01/car-audio-to-finally-get-iphone-5-video-adap ter/

I personally would prefer a solution that involves no cables. One solution I've seen is using a older jailbroken ipod touch (if you've got one laying around) connected directly to your standard DDX719 cable and running an app that basically turns your touch into an Apple TV.

There are also very small HDMI to composit video adapters that you can grab for about $25. They're powered via USB, so you can use the DDX719 USB cable to power that, connecting the composit outs to your DDX719 and your iPhone via the digital AV adapter using HDMI. The thing I like about this solution is that most of the hardware can easily be tucked away so it looks like a simple one cable plug and play when it's done. This is probably the easiest thing to do.

I'm in exactly the same situation. I got my DDX719 about 2 days before I got my iPhone 5. To be honest, I wish I kept my iPhone 4s. One other thing I'll probably try to do is get a power inverter and actually connect an Apple TV in the car. This way the wife and kids can stream video from their devices instead of having to jack in cables from all over the place. It may not work as I won't have a Wifi net in the car, but I'll play with it.

Good luck though. :-P

I have a Kenwood DDX719 in dash DVD stereo.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.