Previous 1 2 Next 20 Replies Latest reply: Mar 24, 2014 6:39 AM by Rosso di sera
BenB Level 6 Level 6 (8,300 points)

Be sure you are on the LATEST VERSION of Snow Leopard, Lion, or Mountain Lion before updating to 10.0.6.

Verify that your third party plugins are 10.0.6 ready, as not all are.

Be sure to back up your events, projects, the update may not work with some plugins, yet.

Never update mid-project.

See this KB article from Apple.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5550

Review can be found here.

http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/review-2/review-final-cut-pro-x-1006-a-major-upda te

• DavidKC Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Download went okay, but installation hangs up and I get "an error occurred" message.  Tried several times.  Any ideas?

• dellis02 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I am experiencing exactly the same problem, only for motion 5.0.5 update - Download went okay, but installation hangs up and I get "an error occurred" message.  Tried several times.

All other updates worked OK - seems to be a problem with the motion update?

• MJGaasbeek Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

same error here (netherlands)

• schmackhaft Level 2 Level 2 (370 points)

Upgraded FCP, Motion and Compressor without any issue on OS 10.7.5 (USA).

Have you tried trashing Motion and re downloading it?

I put Motion in the trash.... but forgot to empty the trash.   The download from "Purchased" crashed my computer at the installation point.   I suspect it's because I didn't totally destroy Motion... but would apprecaite some input before I do this again.   Crashes give me rashes. 

• BenB Level 6 Level 6 (8,300 points)

Get "Preference Manager" free from Digital Rebellion.  Use it to trash all FCP X, Motion 5, and Compressor 4 preference files.

Move all three apps in to the Trash (no need to empty just yet, but no harm in doing it anyway, except of you still have trouble installing).

Purchased tab of the Mac App Store window, click Install for FCP X, wait for it to finish.  Then do Motion.  Then do Compressor.

If those don't work you need to get on the phone with Apple tech support.

• WMYD Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

had no problem downloading motion 5.0.5 but it worked fine for  a few hours then started a new project and the display on a dual monitor system dissapeared with greyed out options to put anything display back. so im doing a re-install with new contecnt build as well. let you know what happens

Started a new project so I won't try anything else for a few days.  Perhaps if others are having problems Apple will come up with a fix... if one is necessary.

• Snapper Paul Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Having the same issues - get an error while installing. Have trashed original app and and starting again and will let you know how it goes. Only a gig or so to go

• Snapper Paul Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Seems to have worked now - 5.05 installed and working...

• leonard r. Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

WMYD, I'm having the same problem. Have you found a solution?

After update, I opened and set Canvas to display on Secondary Screen. Now Motion won't display any windows except for the Inspector and crashes if I try and change anything.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times with no change.

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000052

Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Finished project... not without more problems... but that's another post.   Put Motion in the trash and downloaded again from "Purchase" page.   This time it worked.  I have not used it yet... so don't know if Leonard R's problems will be mine too 

• WMYD Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

contacted app store, they just tell me to redownload it. i did that 8 times before i contacted them. so i went to my time machine and just reinstalled 5.0.4 and im running again and just finished my work project. so ill try 5.0.5 again once i have some down time.....

man i tried everything i know to get it to work. more people need to have the problem, i guess!

• leonard r. Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks, WMYD.

Has anyone with a Dual Monitor setup successfully displayed 5.0.5 on their secondary monitor?

Previous 1 2 Next