Previous 1 32 33 34 35 36 Next 1,411 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2015 1:40 AM by Barry Wilbraham1 Go to original post Branched to a new discussion.
  • fotowilf Level 1 (0 points)

    babowa wrote:

     

    Or, whatever "Oompa Loompa" is.

     

    Sounds German to me. Seem to remember a child's song or rhyme had that as a refrain....

     

     

    It's from Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971) starring Gene Wilder - or at least that's where I first heard it very recently with my grandson!!

  • fotowilf Level 1 (0 points)

    Thanks @thespiritguy and @Jeff Nitsche and all the input that has helped me.with the external drive question. I am about to buy my first fully fledged Mac - or at least that's what I am calling it!!

  • zBernie2 Level 1 (0 points)

    If you can live without an optical drive, or at least an ugly external drive hanging off your iMac, an SD card reader On the back, no FireWire ports, and no consumer upgradable RAM, then good luck to you.

  • Jeff Nitschke Level 4 (2,655 points)

    no consumer upgradable RAM

     

    This is only true on the 21.5" the 27" has an access door on the back that reveals the user replaceable RAM.

  • Jeff Nitschke Level 4 (2,655 points)

    Good morning fotowilf,

     

    If you are looking at the 21.5" iMac I would suggest upgrading to the 16GB of ram if you can afford it. Because, in the 21" you can not upgrade the the memory yourself.

  • Csound1 Level 8 (46,982 points)

    fotowilf wrote:

     

    Thanks @thespiritguy and @Jeff Nitsche and all the input that has helped me.with the external drive question. I am about to buy my first fully fledged Mac - or at least that's what I am calling it!!

    Go ahead and buy what you want, as an example of sensible and enjoyable purchasing that is where one would begin. Other posters here have made unwise purchases and can not stop telling others of their error, but ignore them and enjoy your Mac

  • fotowilf Level 1 (0 points)

    Good Evening Jeff,

     

    I think I will stick with the 21" much as I would like to spend more. I started off with my price set for the Mac-Mini and worked my way up - I need to stop somewhere!!

  • Csound1 Level 8 (46,982 points)

    Good choice, increase the Ram as per Jeffs suggestion, storage (if needed) can be added externally via the Thunderbolt connection so no speed loss.

  • fotowilf Level 1 (0 points)

    @Csound1 I am sure I will be more than happy with my purchase. My 'friend with a Mac' who has never pushed me to change but has always anytime I vaugelymentioned Mac offerd great encourangment to go for it, and said, "you won't regret it" - and I'm sure I won't.

  • Jeff Nitschke Level 4 (2,655 points)

    I actually have a Mac Mini. But, I was on a strict budget.

  • fotowilf Level 1 (0 points)

    I'm sure I would have been equally happy with the Mac-Mini, just that they are offering 12 months 0% finance which means I can spread the load. I used to be an easy spender, but now I am a little more careful will the $ £ € that seem to go so quickly.

  • Csound1 Level 8 (46,982 points)

    fotowilf wrote:

     

    I used to be an easy spender, but now I am a little more careful will the $ £ € that seem to go so quickly.

    Welcome to the club

  • Jeff Nitschke Level 4 (2,655 points)

    ditto - but, I really miss the days of spending money without much thought

  • fotowilf Level 1 (0 points)

    Jeff Nitschke wrote:

     

    ditto - but, I really miss the days of spending money without much thought

    Those were the days my friend..........

     

    I apologies if I have taken this thread off topic. I would like to say that these comments have helped greatly ease my mind at spending money on a product I have long wanted - and answered the question I posed.

     

    Thank you.

  • Csound1 Level 8 (46,982 points)

    fotowilf wrote:

     

    Jeff Nitschke wrote:

     

    ditto - but, I really miss the days of spending money without much thought

    Those were the days my friend..........

     

    I apologies if I have taken this thread off topic. I would like to say that these comments have helped greatly ease my mind at spending money on a product I have long wanted - and answered the question I posed.

     

    Thank you.

    You're most welcome

Previous 1 32 33 34 35 36 Next