Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete iCloud calendars

I've somehow gained myself three extra calendars. They're present on my iPhone, icloud.com, and the Calendars app. I would like to delete them, as they are blank and pointess, but every time I do so, they reappear shortly thereafter. Having a similar issue with the Reminders app as well, one or two undeletable lists appearing under the same name as the undeletable calendars. Also my reminders don't appear to be syncing with icloud.com, but that's almost beside the point at this point.

This is really annoying, anybody have any idea how to get these things to go away and not come back?

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 3:25 PM

12 replies

Nov 24, 2012 7:30 AM in response to firoze

Okay, I have found the soultion!

First, log in to your icloud.com account on your Mac/PC. Make sure all your data is there in the online Calendar and Reminders apps.

Next, on all your iOS devices (iPhone, iPad etc), go to Settings>iCloud and turn off Calendars and Reminders. A pop-up dialogue box will appear - select the "Delete from iPhone/iPad" option. Now check in the Calendar and Reminders Apps on your iDevice that all your data has indeed been deleted from your iDevice.

Now go back to your iCloud.com webpage on your Mac/PC and delete all the unwanted calendars and reminder lists that you want to get rid of. Notice that this time those calendars and lists won't reappear.

Now turn on Calendar and Reminder syncing on your iDevices via Settings>iCloud. Your data will be restored to your iDevice and you will see that the unwanted Calendars and lists no longer show up.

Hope this helps!

Can't delete iCloud calendars

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.