Looks like no oneโ€™s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

video doesn't work on IPOD 5G 80GB

Dear Sir/Madam

I Have IPOD 5G 80GB which works perfectly with Music, but when it comes to Video Play back i experiance some issues like Standstill Black Screen (Looks Like its Going to Play the Video) and when i hit play and pause it shows the sings that it works such as showing the play or pause sign on the top of right sied of the screen but nothing plays and no sound at all, Plus when i fast forward it shows a stand still picture of the video (as it was paused) with the same behavior with the black screen!!!

Altough these video files plays perfectly on the itunes ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ๐Ÿ˜ 

I Wish you coud help me with that

Thanks in Advance ๐Ÿ™‚

iPod 5th Generation (Late 2006), Windows 7

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 5:19 PM

14 replies

Oct 24, 2012 3:05 PM in response to planb77

Yes i Tired to Remove an Resyncing Sevral Times and it didn't work and i didn't play these specific movies before but i used real player to convert them to ipod format (as i did with other Movies before and it used to work)

i even used another converting programs such as Videora and Free YouTube to iPod Converter but still i get the same results but the movies works fine on itunes and Quick Time Player

I did the usual 5 R's of troubleshooting couple of times and it didn't work ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

i Also did restore to Firmware1.1 and 1.2 but it didn't work either.

Thanks for Your help anyway ๐Ÿ™‚

Oct 25, 2012 5:48 AM in response to basmaebeid

It could be an indication or a damaged or dying hard drive. I would recommend doing a disk diagnostic on the iPod's HD using the instructions given by turingtest2 in this older thread. He also covers what the resulting numbers indicate.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3784647?start=0&tstart=0

If necessary, post the resultings numbers and we can verify what the next steps to take.

B-rock

Oct 28, 2012 4:20 PM in response to basmaebeid

Finally Somthing Worked on My IPOD, i had a very Old mp4 Home Movies was takien by Very Old AirCam Camera that workd but unfourtnatally the original video doesn't have any sound and all the information i got about this specific video format is Video Dimension is 320 X 240 video codec is MPEG4 and Total Bitrate is 190 KBPS

I even tried to use Allok Video to MP4 Converter the Original IPOD Format and it didn't work also tried to lower all the numbers in all the fields but it didn't work either ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ and i did change the Video Dimension to 320 X 240 video codec is MPEG4 i couldn't find the field for the total bitrate there was only sample rate and frame rate ONLY ๐Ÿ˜•

Hope this Information Helps, Thanks for All your Effords ๐Ÿ™‚

video doesn't work on IPOD 5G 80GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.