Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 5 had a blue screen then it just shut off

I got a text message from my girlfriend, went to go answer it today and the screen just turned blue and then shut off, it will not turn back on! I tried to push the home button and power button at the same time!

Any idea what this could be from?

I have an appointment tomorrow with apple just wondering of theres any other way to get it on in the mean time or is it done.

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 6:29 PM

7 replies

Oct 30, 2012 5:03 AM in response to jasonL1985

I too have this issue. Its done it to me about 10 times now, only lasts a few minutes then comes back. This morning i woke up and the phone was on the Blue Screen and stayed like this for 2hrs. i called my network provider who say its an apple software problem. the technician took over my laptop and put my phone in to recovery and it was fine......for half hour now im back to square one with a blue screen. Frustrated, angry, pee-d off doesnt even come close at the moment, ive paid for a new phone that isnt fit for purpose.

Jan 31, 2013 8:46 PM in response to jasonL1985

I have the same issue on my iphone 5 today. After blue screen it has shut off 2 times but it turned on when i hold home+power button together 10 sec. But today after blue screen it has just shut off then didnt come back yet. I have tried everything(home+power button, try to put recovery mode and dfu mode) but none of them worked, it didnt even show any apple or itunes icon on the screen and coundt connect to pc and itunes.

Then i put it charge couple hours then took of sim card from iphone and tried to home+power buttons again and apple logo appeared this time i was so happy just try to slide device to unlock the blue screen appeared again and phone shut off now its same doesnt show anything. i am too sad right now , dont know what to do! İs anybody has any idea?

Dec 30, 2013 8:36 AM in response to jasonL1985

This happened to me, too, when I was texting my friend, The blue screen came on, then slowly faded to a darker blue, and stayed blue until the battery ran out. I plugged it in and it's been a full hour, but the phone doesn't respond when I push the power button, home button, or hold down either. I can't find a solution online and calling Apple requires my Phone's serial number, which I do not have because it is in the settings of the phone. I have also tried three different chargers. I have no idea what to do.

Feb 3, 2014 10:06 AM in response to katerinava1ente

I have the same problem. I restored my 5S for 15 times now. Apple can't fix it, it has something to do with the 64bit processor.

You can try to put it in DFU mode. Put the phone OFF, then plugin the phone in your usb / itunes while holding the home button. You will see a itunes logo with a charger. Open itunes and you can recover.

Just to be clear: it didn't help me, because the problem keeps coming back..

Nov 1, 2015 11:06 AM in response to jasonL1985

The same thing happened to my yesterday with my IPhone 5s, the screen went blue and then it turned off and came back on again. The same steps repeated for a total of three times with the blue screen and it restarting. The situation is very annoying I love IPhone but I'm really considering getting an Android if this problem cant be solved.

My iphone 5 had a blue screen then it just shut off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.