Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External Hard Drive is no longer working

Hello. I have had a external hard drive for about 4 months now and it had been working fine. I have my iPhoto library on it along with all things related to my films that i make. After seeing some problems with iPhoto i upgraded to Aperture. I had to rebuild the library because something was wrong with it but after i did that, it loaded in Aperture fine and i was able to use it. I then verified and repaired my external disk, in the sake on making sure everything was okay. i then turned my computer off and went to bed. The next day when i tried to open the library, i couldn't open becuase the library was "locked." after i while, i realized that the entire disk had become "read only." after trying to fix it for the past couple of days by looking into forums and using terminal and exerything, nothing has worked. Now, the disk cannot verify on repair at all, and i still can't change it at all. This disk is very important, and I don't use Time Machine or have a backup. I was going to set it up, but that was the day that i found that is was locked. I would love some help so please try and help me find the problem so we can fix it 😉 thank you!

PS i have noticed the disk is a NTFS, but it has been that since i started using it. and it is a Seagate Free Agent Go Flex Drive 1.5tb.

Thanks again

nic

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 7:15 PM

1 reply

External Hard Drive is no longer working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.