Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ibooks 3 update doesn't work on iOS 5

Hello, the Ibooks 3 update on my 1st gen Ipad doesn't work ! It always crashes. I'm on ios 5. Please help !!!

Frédéric

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 11:37 PM

20 replies

Oct 24, 2012 2:35 PM in response to fferrare

Alright so if you made the fatal mistake of uploading this update as I did, I have found a solution for you after much trial and error. If you have a Mac, look in the TRASH bin and find iBooks 2.1.1ipa and move this to your desktop. Erase the iBooks 3.0 from your iPad. Restart your iPad. Go to the iTunes Media fold, mobile applications and find iBooks 3.0ipa and delete it. Now drag the file from your desktop into the apps section in iTunes. Turn on your iPad. Connect it to sync. Go to apps tab and check iBooks. After sync your iBooks library will now be restored. I have tested it and tried it, besides I came up with this whole process because apparently apple has nothing on the entire support for this yet. I will also post on Apple for the million other users who have the same problem. Thanks, J.

Oct 25, 2012 4:27 AM in response to fferrare

Ok, I am awaiting a fix to the original Ibooks 3.

In the meantime: delete the new app from your your Ipad and turn the unit off.

Next if you have a Trash Bin on your Mac, find the Ibooks 2.2.ipa and drag to your desktop.

Open your Itunes on your Mac find iBooks in the apps library, right click and delete it. Then drag the iBooks 2.2.ipa to that window. Restart your iPad and and attach sync cable to start the sync cycle. Select your iPad from the left window panel, then click on apps for the iPad in it's window, make sure the iBooks app is selected and you may have to resync to get the iBooks 2.2 to copy to your iPad, that should restore the previous edition until the problem is corrected.

Ibooks 3 update doesn't work on iOS 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.