Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I restore "type ahead" Search suggestions?

Back in the good old days of Safari 3 (and 4?) it had a useful trick of auto-completing phrases as you started typing in the Google Search field. It stopped working in Safari 5, so I was directed to Glims for Safari, which worked great.

Up until last week, although the Links part of Glims didn't work, the Search Words (i.e. type ahead) did work so I was happy enough. Now it's stopped. I download the latest Glims and now I have the Links working, but not the type ahead Search Words!

In Safari I've changed my New Tab default page from Top Sites to Google UK Home page instead. This loads much quicker than Top Sites and the cursor is in the Search field. Typing anything brings "type ahead search suggestions".

Is this my only option? Anyone know why Glims should suddenly stop doing what it used to?

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8), G4, 1.67GHz, 1GB RAM, 250GB HD

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 2:10 AM

1 reply

Oct 24, 2012 1:51 PM in response to christopher rigby1

For an issue with Glims, better to ask the developers of the software.

You can report a bug here > http://www.machangout.com

If you are a Facebook user, you can Like Glims then ask questions directly on their news feed. They will respond.

For Safari, make sure: Prevent search engine from providing suggestions is not selected in Preferences > Privacy

And try this for Safari...

Open the Finder. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type of copy/paste: ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari

Click Go then move the Cache.db file from the com.apple.Safari folder to the Trash.

Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

edited by: cs

How can I restore "type ahead" Search suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.