Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages - inserting current date unpossible?

Hi, is there a possibility for inserting current date. I liked to do this in Letters.

I didn´t find a possibility in Pages yet.

Reguards.

iPad 2

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 4:00 AM

7 replies

Oct 26, 2012 3:30 AM in response to Meckermaxe

Also, warum in Englisch rumquälen ...

Die Ipad-Version von Pages ist anscheinend abweichend von der (anscheinend existierenden und hier auch besprochenen) "großen" für den Mac eher dürftig. Vergleicht man die Preise für Apps, reuhen mich die 7,99 Euro etwas, wenngleich der Betrag kein allzu großes Loch in meinen Geldbeutel reißen wird.

Die Lobeshymnen auf dieses Programm (in der Ipad-Version) sind - wenn auch verkaufsfördernd - absolut übertrieben.

Die Funktion "Einsetzen - Datum/Uhrzeit", die in normalen Textverarbeitungen Standard sind, fehlt in der App-Version für das Ipad.

Netter Versuch ... für eine Textverarbeitung. Ginge aber besser, sorry.

Tipp für Käufer oder Liebäugler: Lieber Wettbewerbsprodukte forcieren.

Apr 1, 2016 8:51 AM in response to Meckermaxe

I found a nice way to do this using a keyboard shortcut. Open Keyboard through System Preferences and click on the Shortcuts tab. Click "App Shortcuts" in the left-hand column, then the "+" button to add a new keyboard shortcut. Select "Pages" as the application, Type (this is important and it has to be exactly as the next bit in quotes) "Date & Time" in the Menu Title, and press the desired key combination in the "Keyboard Shortcut" field. In my case, I selected "Command+Option+Shift+D" but it can be anything you want as long as it doesn't conflict with another keyboard shortcut combination in Pages. Click the "Add" button and it should appear as the as the attached screenshot. Whenever you press this keyboard combination in Pages, the Current Date and Time will be added.

User uploaded file

Pages - inserting current date unpossible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.