Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Freeing up space

Hi there,

I am cleaning up my iPhoto library. I am going into events and use alt-command-delete to remove images permanently.

Then I delete the trash in iPhoto, and then the trash in my dock.

However, my GB space is DE-creasing instead of INcreasing. Have I overlooked something?

Macbook Pro

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 3:33 AM

14 replies

Oct 24, 2012 4:38 AM in response to jennigje

After using ⌥⌘⤆, are the items actually moved to the trash, or are they not put into the trash? You need to open the events in the "Events" view of the source list, not in the separate list of the events further down in the source list.

After emptying the Trash, when you select your iPhoto Library in the Finder and check its size - is the size of your iPhoto Library decreasing or increasing?

User uploaded file

Check in the Finder, if the iPhoto library really is the item, that is using most of your disk space.

Regards

Léonie

Oct 24, 2012 12:20 PM in response to jennigje

I have a problem guys.

For freeing up some space, I deleted my Iphoto. Since then, I bought Mountain Lion. One day I needed Iphoto and I wanted to reinstall it but, surprise, I was asked to pay for it. I don't understand why, since the app is coming with the macbook and the OS..

I don't want to pay for it because it's not that good of an app and because I don't know if I'll keep it in the future and because I already had it. But I'd like to reinstall it for a short period of time.. Do you have any idea what should I do and at what doors should I knock?

Oct 24, 2012 12:50 PM in response to Nheea

Sorry - but all new systems come with iPhoto and you either get restore disks (which you did not) or you accept it form the App store -- and you reinstall from one or the other

If you are having trouble using the App store contact App store support - link on the right side of the App store window

We can not help you with that - only explain how to do it and where to do it - which we hae done

LN

Oct 24, 2012 12:57 PM in response to Yer_Man

Terence Devlin you helped me a lot! It was there, but hidden!

I just gave it an Install! And I want to use it, but for a short period of time, for a few photos, and then uninstall it, because I have too little space on my HD. That was my problem in the first place. And I didn't think that the app was worth the money since I already had it for free. Sorry if I sound cheap, but it's just how I feel.

Thank you again for your help! I simply didn't know that some of the apps are hidden!

Thanks x10!

Freeing up space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.