Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple mail keeps going offline!

since loading mountain lion on my macbook pro, my apple mail accounts go offline every time my computer go's to sleep and is reopened. so far the only fix I can find is to quit mail and reopen. this fixes it every time. the same is happening on a mac air i use...different ID and mail accounts. has anyone found a permanent fix for this?

MacBook Pro, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 5:06 AM

25 replies

Oct 24, 2012 5:10 PM in response to dreynoldsmft

Some problems like this can be fixed (at least for a while) by choosing "take all accounts online" from the Mailbox menu.

When I hd problems like this and hige lags in responsiveness, weeding the

Window > Previous recipients ...

...window fixed things up quite a bit. It seemed to be getting lost down in the bowels of those lists.

Nov 9, 2012 5:22 AM in response to Dannylap

The same thing was happening to me. I upgraded to Mt. Lion and every morning when I woke up my computer, my mail was offline and the only thing I could do was restart my computer. Quitting mail and reopening was not enough. So what I finally did and what may be a solution for others is to go into Mail preferences and delete your entire account with the minus sign then rebuild it from scratch, but make sure you have all of your account info like user name and incoming mail server, etc. Now every morning when I wake my computer, Mail is up and running with no issues. Hope that helps.

Jun 28, 2013 12:05 PM in response to GregH73

Pardon the amateurish question, but when you delete your account and reset all the configurations, do you lose all of your email messages in the process? I would like to try this: I have the SAME problem with a week-old Macbook Air and the latest OSX/Mail application. The problem exists with less persistence on the Macbook Pro (an old model). Thank you!

apple mail keeps going offline!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.