Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Utility Internet icon blinks orange to green

Hi,

My Airport Utility Internet icon blinks orange to green. I guess there are some problems with it and the icon is supposed to be green all the time.

Is there a fix for this?

Time Capsule-OTHER

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 7:30 AM

5 replies

Apr 29, 2015 6:15 PM in response to jhaaren

Im having the same issue. My modem/router is connected to a switcher on the 1st floor, and I have an Airport Extreme connected in the 2nd floor. Internet Icon constantly changes from green to orange and my AE is always green.

My experience in navigation does not affect my web browser nor AppleTV, however, I cant use my Nest app because it says that my Nests are offline...

Any suggestions on how I can solve this issue?

See below how the internet icon changes (every 3-4 seconds)

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Apr 29, 2015 7:24 PM in response to skalifa

Is the Nest the thermostat control?

Anything PC based will have name issues with apple stuff..

And everything in the world is pc based unless it has an apple logo on it.

So please reset the TC to factory and start over..

All names NOT APPLE as the setup wizard will recommend in the utility.

All names.. short.. no spaces and pure alphanumeric. Really short.. less than 10 characters is best..

All passwords 8-20 characters mix of case and numbers.. NO strange characters.. all pure alphanumerics.

If you still have issues.. different names to the two bands.. eg TC24ghz and TC5ghz

And fix the wireless channels.

Not all devices can cope with WPA2 security so test with none.. briefly.. if it fails then you have a major issue.. and come back.. if it works as it should then try using wpa+wpa2 security.. which is still good.. just not as good as wpa2.

Airport Utility Internet icon blinks orange to green

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.