Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motion 5.0.5 installation fails through App Store

Hello all!

I just tried to update my Motion 5.0.4 to its latest version but repeatedly got an error message. It urged me to try through the "Purchases" tab (or whatever it says in English) but I had no better luck that way either. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Having just a few minutes ago updated my FCPX succesfully to 10.0.6 I thought this to be quite odd...

Cheers,

Arto (from Finland)

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 8:35 AM

Have you tried trashing Motion and re downloading it via either the purchases tab or the Motion page?

If you're uneasy about trashing it, back it up first by making a copy and compressing it (right click on it and chose "Compress "Motion"" in the pop up menu).

4 replies

Oct 24, 2012 10:26 AM in response to schmackhaft

Yes, that did it! Although, I wasn't able to zip it, since that, too, generated an error toward the end. But I took the gamble and trashed Motion anyway. I didn't even do a full uninstall but simply trashed the app itself (leaving all the preferences in their place) and at the App Store the status of Motion (in the Purchases) had changed to "Install". So I clicked it and the re-download and install went smooth as silk. Happy!!

Motion 5.0.5 installation fails through App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.