Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This is not correct solution. I have fresh copy of Windows 7 64 bit and I have the same problem. Autorun only shows the Bonjour service. It started when try to sync more than one iphone.

This is not correct solution. I have fresh/new copy of Windows 7 64 bit and I have the same problem.

Autorun only shows the Apple Bonjour service. It started when try to sync more than one iphone over WiFi. I have two iphones and an iPad. I turned off syncing over WiFi and still has high CPU utilization. One of the CPU's is pegged at 100%. It is the AppleMobileDeviceService.exe process.

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 8:39 AM

5 replies

Nov 8, 2012 8:24 PM in response to IsaacFL

Agree. Neither this nor the winsock reset made any difference to my problem (the high CPU usage of AppleMobileDeviceService.exe). I also have no Winsock providers listed in Autoruns other than Bonjour. I also uninstalled the latest "Apple Mobile Device Support 6.0.0.59" and re-installed the only other earlier version (in my case "Apple Mobile Device Support 5.2.0.6") and that made no difference.

Perhaps this is already obvious to everyone but I sense this has something to do with iOS devices being set to sync over WIFI which has always been really ropey (ie perhaps that is where winsock becomes relevant) but obviously I'm not going to turn that off as a fix/work-around for this problem...

Nov 9, 2012 8:34 PM in response to m9679

For the record, I then followed the suggestion of MarcDCMB in https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4291206 of just manually restarting the Apple Mobile Device service in Windows services.msc once each time after starting iTunes and the service no longer hogs CPU after that service restart. Not too painful as a work-around, and apparently an effective one, but clearly not a solution to the problem. Again, as above, all the other solutions didn't work for me and I have no conflicting software as far as I can tell. So you'd have to say this Apple's problem.

Also FTR, I am still on the 5.2.0.6 version of the Apple Mobile Device Support MSI and I don't know if that is relevant to this work-around working but my sense is that it is NOT relevant. I'll report back on this thread if I re-upgrade and the problem returns in spite of the service-restart approach.

This is not correct solution. I have fresh copy of Windows 7 64 bit and I have the same problem. Autorun only shows the Bonjour service. It started when try to sync more than one iphone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.