Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Scrambled, System Unresponsive

Hi,

Since upgrading my Mac Mini (2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 8GB Ram) to Mountain Lion, from time to time, without any apparent reason, my screen gets distored/scrambled and both the mouse and keyboard rendered unresponsive.

I then have to ssh into my Mac and shut it down.

Upon firing it up again a kernel panic is reported, and some kind of infinite restart loop is being entered, which I only can break if shutting it down via the power button, and subsequently resetting the PRAM.

When looking into the logfiles nothing out of the ordinary can be found, only when--from time to time, unforeseeably--a crash report is being created and sent to Apple, some hint on "xen" and "net6" is being displayed (I've got 12 virtual ethernet adapters configured).

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 9:17 AM

There are no replies.

Screen Scrambled, System Unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.