Is the address on your iTunes account exactly the same (format and spacing etc) as on your credit card bill : http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1646 ? If it is then you could try what it says at the bottom of that page :
If the issue persists, contact your credit card company and verify that they and any company they use to process credit card authorisations have the correct information on file.
And/or try contacting iTunes support : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/ - click on Contact iTunes Store Support on the right-hand side of the page
In android your payment troubles will be worse.
Assuming credit card is valid, address the same as what's on record in your bank and expiration, sec. code all good...
If all is good and your cc is not blocked...
This worked for me:
- go to apple.com on your computer (not iTunes)
- login to your account
- select edit payment info
- select "none" in the credit card area
- click Done
- click "Deathorize all computers"
- return to payment info
- re-enter your credit card info
- go back to your iTunes and try a new purchase/update
- you can then authorize any computer o device you want
This should clear any cached data, or old details on other devices that may be conflicting.