Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S got issue with hardware serial activation

I have just bought a iPhone 4S 32GB factory unlocked from Singapore. It's in a box with full accessories, IMEI number and serial on the box and in the phone are the same. I tried to check its hardware serial on th website https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do before activating it, the result was: that iPhone is not active. And I activated the iPhone at ~10PM (GMT+7) Oct 24 2012.

BOOM..

I checked its hardware serial on that Web again. What the heck was going on?

Valid Purchase Date

A validated purchase date lets Apple quickly find your product and provide the help you need.

Telephone Technical Support: Expired

You are eligible to purchase telephone technical support from an Apple Advisor.

Repairs and Service Coverage: Active

Your product is covered for eligible hardware repairs and service under Apple's Limited Warranty.
Estimated Expiration Date: March 12, 2013

Is there anybody tell me the truth??? I'm stuck in this issue tonight and I may be lost my dream after a long day to save my money for my new iPhone 😟

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1, Problem with iPhone warranty

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 9:54 AM

5 replies

Oct 24, 2012 12:04 PM in response to tungddao

It's possible that the iphone is carrier locked. If that's the case, you would need a sim from whatever carrier it's locked to.

Also, there's no "activation" process. If you already have service, just put your sim card in the phone and it'll start working. The only reason you would need to activate is if you have a brand new sim card. If your brand new sim card isn't working, then like I said, the iphone is probably carrier locked.

Oct 24, 2012 6:22 PM in response to KiltedTim

Oh yes, my iPhone was purchased from HongKong, not Singapore by my colleague when she was travelling in there. But she didnot open it until hand over me. Full seal, accessories, etc..

It is running normally without any problem except for 5 months warranty only. I dont know why she was not told about warranty commitment at the appstore in HK?

Thank you very much for your kind support

iPhone 4S got issue with hardware serial activation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.