Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Toggle ALL Disclosure triangles

Situation: I have a Finder window open is List view. The window displays a couple hunderd folders intersperced between an equal number of files.

I want to see what is in the folders using the disclosure trianglenext to each folder name. but Finder wants me to click on each one indivually. UGH!

Please suggest something that will let me toggle ALL of the disclosure triangles with a single click of the mouse, a simple menu choice or some other way that is simple and quick.

Gary

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 7:31 AM

Well in turns out that the OS X keystrokes for this action are the same in Mac OS 9 as follows:

1) Open Finder window in List view

2) Highlight any number of folders (or all of them)

3) Hold down the <Option> and<Apple> keys and press the <Right Arrow> key at the same time

This will toggle the Disclosure triangles to their "open" position.

To toggle the Disclosure triangles to their "closed" position use the same technique but press the <Left Arrow> instead.

Gary

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2012 7:31 AM in response to Gary - former developer

Well in turns out that the OS X keystrokes for this action are the same in Mac OS 9 as follows:

1) Open Finder window in List view

2) Highlight any number of folders (or all of them)

3) Hold down the <Option> and<Apple> keys and press the <Right Arrow> key at the same time

This will toggle the Disclosure triangles to their "open" position.

To toggle the Disclosure triangles to their "closed" position use the same technique but press the <Left Arrow> instead.

Gary

Toggle ALL Disclosure triangles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.