Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar on Mac does not sync properly with Icloud

I use iCloud to sync my calendar between my iPhone (6.0) and MacBook Air(OS X 10.8.2).

- My iPhone is syncing perfect with iCloud.

- Looking in iCloud.com every is also good.

- But not everything is downloaded in my calendar (ver 6.0), also changes on my Mac are not uploaded to my iCloud.

Problem analyse:

- There is a error symbol next to the iCloud name on the left side in calendar. It states: "request (CalDAVAccountRefreshQueueableOperation) for 'iCloud' has failed"

- My girlfriend has a different apple id but is experiencing the same problems (different account on same Mac)

- It's only calendar and tasks, contacts and mail are working properly

- When i look in the error log i see the following (error in 21h00 is the actual error, but maybe the previous is telling something)

2012-10-24 20:58:56 +0200 mdworker[3100]: Unable to talk to lsboxd

2012-10-24 20:58:56 +0200 mdworker[3101]: Unable to talk to lsboxd

2012-10-24 20:58:57 +0200 sandboxd[3102]: mdworker(3100) deny mach-lookup com.apple.ls.boxd

2012-10-24 20:58:57 +0200 sandboxd[3102]: mdworker(3101) deny mach-lookup com.apple.ls.boxd

2012-10-24 20:58:57 +0200 kernel[0]: Sandbox: sandboxd(3102) deny mach-lookup com.apple.coresymbolicationd

2012-10-24 21:00:06 +0200 CalendarAgent[2620]: [com.apple.calendar.store.log.caldav.queue] [Account refresh failed with error: Error Domain=CoreDAVErrorDomain Code=3 "De bewerking kan niet worden voltooid. (CoreDAVErrorDomain fout 3.)" UserInfo=0x7ffb9e316d20 {AccountName=iCloud Karel, CalDAVErrFromRefresh=YES}]

First steps:

- Contacted apple support, spoke to 2 people. Last person told me he'll call me back but didn't

- Made a new "test" account on the macbook. Configured in "mail, agenda's and contacts" a iCloud account with my own apple id. Same problems as above

Who has an idea the next things to test? It's driving me crazy

MacBook Air, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 12:22 PM

20 replies

Oct 24, 2012 4:09 PM in response to Karel2H

Hi Karel, I had the same issue, I tried a few things like rebooting etc..none of that worked.

I finally went into preferences of my Calendar , selected @Accounts and created another icloud account. Once that is done you will find that your calender events are all duplicated, then all you have to is delete the account that is no longer syncing.( the one with the older "Last sync date".) a few seconds later the calendar on my Mac updated with the new events that I had added since the sync problem. Hope this works for you too.

I have icloud on all my devices; ipad 3, iphone 4S, the new ipod Touch and of course my macbook pro. They are all upto date now... 🙂

Good luck

Alice

Oct 25, 2012 12:37 PM in response to Karel2H

"request (CalDAVAccountRefreshQueueableOperation) for 'iCloud' has failed"

Same problem for me too, although interestingly I have 2 iCloud accounts and it is only affecting one of them.

I even loaded my iCloud account onto my partners Macbook Air and I encountered the same problem with my calendar (her calendar was fine). iPhone + iCloud.com = totally up to date. Macbook Pro only receives old events and does not send anything.

Oct 31, 2012 5:41 AM in response to Karel2H

After much fiddling with my Calendar I have resolved the problem:

1. I exported all the calendars individually and saved them on your desktop

2. Using an iOS device delete all the calendars on your iCloud account (you should be able to use iCloud.com in the same way)

3. Now that your iCloud calendar is empty, import the calendars from your desktop one by one waiting for them to fully sync before doing the next one.

4. Done!

*I discoverd that one of my calendars was corrupted and would not install, perhaps this was the problem? However I believe that it was because my calendars had too much content (multiple repeating events and sporting event subscriptions). I got rid of the sports ones (huge) it was very slow to upload, and I decided to slim that calendar down as it's not very important.

I personally think it's a calendar event overload problem, too much content for iCloud to handle. It would make sence because I had no problems with any other part of iCloud (reminders/notes...) and my iPhone calendar was fine (because it does not upload any old events, ie dramatically less content) I hope this helps!

Nov 15, 2012 5:27 AM in response to Mr Morgan

Amazing, this solved my problem. Thanks a lot!

It seem that making calendar level changes - such as creating new calendars or changing names of existing ones - on the Mac does not work correctly with syncing. After creating a new calendar on icloud.com, exporting and deleting the old one and importing the events from my old calendar on my mac everything is working fine now.

Nov 16, 2012 3:10 AM in response to Karel2H

UPDATE on my own initial problem statment:

I'm in contact with apple support and performed the following:

- Make a backup and perform a clean install. (I made a backup before)

- Didn't restore backup and activated iCloud. Same issue accurs

- Apple advisor activated my iCloud on his PC. Same problem.

Conclusion: I looks like that it hasn't got anything to do with my PC, but with iCloud itself.

So problem hasn't been resolved. The apple advisor transferd the problem to a iCloud department. I'm waiting for the answer but that will probably take a week. Keep you posted.

Calendar on Mac does not sync properly with Icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.