Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

letterbox 2:35 "offset adjustment" disappears with fcpx 10.0.6 ?

Hi for all,

After the new release installation of FCPX (10.0.6) my project used the effect "letterbox" for the 2:35 lost the offset adjustment.

???

Have you an idea ?

Thanks for your help.

O.

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 1:47 PM

8 replies

Oct 25, 2012 2:13 PM in response to Richard van der Laan

I solved my problem by using adding the 2.35:1 blackbars picture as a layer on top of my clips. Then I adjusted the Y position of each clip manually.

http://urosbaric.com/how-to-widescreen-2-35-video-fcpx-remove-black-bars

You can also use the following free plugin:

http://alex4d.wordpress.com/2011/07/22/fcpx-widescreen-matte/

-Richard

Oct 25, 2012 7:14 PM in response to Richard van der Laan

I managed to recreate a version of this effect with Motion that you can download here.

Be sure to quit Final Cut Pro X first, then do the following:

1. Go to your User>Movies>Motion Templates>Effects folder.

User uploaded file

Note- if you don't already have Motion installed you may not have this folder. In which case, first create a folder in the Movies folder, called Motion Templates.localized Then create a folder inside of that folder called Effects.localized The folders should look like this (the localized will disappear in the Finder after you enter it):

User uploaded file

2. Create a new folder inside the Effects folder called Custom Effects.localized

3. Copy Letterbox_New.zip into the Custom Effects folder.

4. Open the zip file, which should create a Letterbox_New folder within the Custom Effects folder.

Now, launch FCP X. Check your effects browser, you should have a new category called Custom Effects and in it you should have a filter called Letterbox_New with the old Letterbox parameters restored.

*User is your Mac OS X user account name that you're currently logged in with.

letterbox 2:35 "offset adjustment" disappears with fcpx 10.0.6 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.