Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't install Keynote 2012 over iWork 2009

Hi guys,

I'm an «historical» user of iWorks 2009. I would like to upgrade the Keynote program alone but when I try to buy it from the App Store it refuses to install claiming that «An older version of Keynote is already present» and suggesting me «to go trhough the "update software" service» to get the new version.

As you can guess… the update service doesn't propose any upgrade.

I've tried to manually delete the Keynote'09 from the App Folder but the App Installer stil claims about the presence of the predecessor.

So, the question is: how can I upgrade just Keynote to the last version? without touching Pages and Numbers?

I would precise that I bought iWorks before Apple lanched the App Store for Mac applications.

Thanks folks…

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 1:39 PM

2 replies

Oct 26, 2012 3:45 PM in response to Computable User

There is no "Keynote 2012". The Keynote standalone app that is now available in the Mac App Store is the same as the one that came on the iWork '09 install disc, it's just been (very slightly) updated for Mountain Lion and iCloud compatibility.

If you have been doing your software updates, your existing (that is, before you deleted it) version of Keynote should have received the incremental updates over the years. You could confirm this by looking at the actual version number of Keynote in the MAS (v. 5.2) and the one on your hard drive (select it in the Applications/iWork/ folder and do a Get Info by pressing Command-I).

As for when we might ever see a Keynote '12... or '13... or '14... frankly, I've stopped holding my breath.... 😟

Can't install Keynote 2012 over iWork 2009

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.