7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2012 9:42 AM by Linc Davis
Sally Reid Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

I had duplicate events on my iphone so I was deleteing some of them and just realized that I deleted 100% of my calendars. No events on my iphone or imac. HELP!!! How do I get these back? I do back up to time machine. Can I restore my calendars from that?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3), 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo/ 3 GM 667 Mhz
  • Nick Holmes Level 7 Level 7 (29,975 points)

>Can I restore my calendars from that?

Yes.

• Linc Davis Level 10 Level 10 (168,870 points)

Disable calendar synching in iCloud temporarily. Quit the application if it's running.

Triple-click the line below to select it:

~/Library/Calendars

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select Services Reveal from the contextual menu. A Finder window should open with a folder selected. Enter Time Machine and restore the folder from the most recent snapshot taken before the unintended deletions.

Relaunch Calendar and test. If it's working, re-enable synching.

• Sally Reid Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Nick.... How do I do this? I tried to just go back and in the time machine to earlier today in time machine and I get this error...

"time machine" can't be modified or deleted because it's required by mac OS x

UPDATE:

I found my calender events and they will show up and restore from the back just fine, UNTIL I turn on the internet and icloud. Then the calendar app will "update" with icloud and since icloud has no events, the calender events on my mac go away.

How do you update your "master" icloud account with the calender events? That seems to be what I need to fix now.

Turn off synching. Restore. Export (not as calendar archive). Turn on synching. Import.

Linc, THANK YOU for responding and helping me with this. I've got all my dates back. I do have some more questions though...

When I imported the calendars, they imported to "on my mac".

I want them to be in the icloud account. How do I move or merge them over?

AND

The whole reason I even got into this mess was because on my iphone, I have duplicated events. It will have each event twice. How do I remove the duplicates?

For each calendar that you exported, create a new calendar with the same name on iCloud and import the events into it.