Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder in Multiple windows ?

So, I just realized that I may need to utilize 'spaces' or 'expose' or whatever youwant to call it these days

and have a really basic question which seems really weird.

I have set up 4 different 'desktops' one for each category that I can swipe between.

Let me frame the biggest problem -

If I have a finder window open in one of these desktops - and I toggle over to, or try to opena new finder window in another 'desktop'

it returns me back that desktop.

What i' illiogically deducing from this is that you cna only have one desktop with a finder window ?

( Yes, I have tinkered with assigning 'options' - This desktop - All desktops, but are those really my choices.?

They either show up on every desktop or just one ?

Someone please tell me I'm missing something -

JJ

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4), 32 GB DDR3, Triple TB Display

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 5:33 PM

2 replies

Oct 27, 2012 10:36 AM in response to Jeffrey Jones2

I've already tried this - doesn't work.

Perhaps I wasn't clear on the problem.

Let me phrase it differently //

First of all, I have three monitors. So on every monitor I can have three potential 'desktops', althoughthey all change at oncem they function like three seperate desktops.

Lets say that I want all three desktops ( with all three monitors ) to have a different set of Safari windows. I should be able to switch from 'destop1' to 'desktop2' to 'destop3' and see a totally different safari setup.

That us my question simplified. Presently, if you have a finder window open in any one of these 'desktops', and you try to open another in another desktop - it will automatically switch over to the desktop that originally held the first finder window.

While you're suggestion sounds like it would work - it simply doesnt.

So, my first question is - can you duplicate the scenario that I have described above ?

If so, that would point me in another direction

Thanks

JJ

Finder in Multiple windows ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.