Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download the software for the HP Officejet Pro L7500 because of a network problem.

I'm trying to install the printer driver for my OfficeJet Pro L7580 and keep getting the above message.

I'm going into System Prefs, Print & Scan, Add a printer... it discovers my printer as a Bonjour printer, and says that Apple has the software for this printer, but two increments into the progress bar, it fails with the above message.

How do I install support for my printer?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 6:30 PM

6 replies

Oct 24, 2012 6:39 PM in response to LeftyInNC

You could download the HP Driver v2.12 package from Apple. This download has drivers for a large number of HP devices including your L7580, so the download is 439MB in total.

If you don't want to use a large chunk of your monthly limit and just get the driver for your model of HP then try to add the printer later. Maybe there is just network congestion in your region and this is causing the install to fail.

Oct 25, 2012 3:21 AM in response to LeftyInNC

I'm getting the same message in relation to attempting to load drivers for a Brother MFC. I manually found and loaded the drivers then attempted to add the printer however Preferences automatically attempts to download them again and comes up with the same error message. I can't find the location of the drivers on my computer so that I can manually direct the printer manager to use the loaded drivers. 😟

Can't download the software for the HP Officejet Pro L7500 because of a network problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.