Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Mini. Still no Passbook, Voice Memo or Calculator?

Just curious as to why the new iPad Mini doesn't have the same built-in Apps as the iPhone or iPod Touch does.

iPad Mini built-in Apps

http://www.apple.com/ipad-mini/built-in-apps/

iPod Touch built-in Apps

http://www.apple.com/ipod-touch/built-in-apps/

(Note: for some reason they don't show the Calculator but it is included on the iPhone/iPod Touch)

Many people will be carrying the new iPad Mini around like others carry the iPhone or iPod Touch, especially women with purses large enough to accomodate the iPad Mini.

I personally have missed the Calculator on the regular iPad.

I know you can download 3rd party calculators but I really would like to see the built-in calculator that I even have on all of my Macs.

Seems strange that those 3 Apps are missing from the new iPad Mini though.

I guess the only thing we can do is submit a request to Apple to add those Apps to the iPad Mini and even the regular iPad for that matter.

Anyone else have other opinons?

Maybe you have no need for a calculator as you might be a math wizard and genius?

Or, you have excellent memory recall and have no use for any Voice Memos?

Passbook could be a push as it still is in its infancy but why not include it in a mobile device like the iPad Mini?

I already own an iPod Touch 4th gen and one iPad 2nd generation.

I plan on ordering a new iPod Mini with Cellular as neither of my devices above have that feature and is nice to have when traveling the roads.

I guess if enough people submit a request to have those Apps built-in, they may add them to the iPad

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), iMac 27 (11,3)

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 6:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 7:15 PM

Forgot to include the link for feedback for the iPad.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

5 replies

Feb 24, 2013 6:44 PM in response to Joseph Kriz

I was shocked to find that these apps was missing myself! I have hundreds of voice memos saved on my iPhone And would like to transfer them over to my iPad mini, Seeing as I use my iPad Mini for my research. I have downloaded a third-party app, but this makes it very hard To sync the notes between the iPhone and iPad Mini.

Needless to say this is pretty frustrating That my 16 GB iPhone can do things that my 64 GB iPad Mini cannot do. I purposely took a hit on the gigabytes on my iPhone Due to the fact that I plan on using more as a phone that as a smart device.

Please excuse not misplaced capitalizations, I am using the voice recognition software built into the iPad mini to type this, And do not feel like retyping anything. :P

Feb 19, 2016 9:12 AM in response to Joseph Kriz

I know I am jumping in late on this string but its 2016 - I have the latest and greatest iPad Mini (4) and still M.I.A. (Missing Important Applications) are the calculator, voice memo and passbook.

The latter two I live with out if it is that important to you but the calculator!?!?!??!?!?!?

Dear Apple,

You do know the great great great great grandparent of the iPad Mini 4 is a calculator. The computers egg or chicken (what ever is your personal preference) is the calculator. The reason we have any computer what so ever is the calculator!!!!!!!!!

Please put the Apple version of the calculator in the APP store and allow the iPad the dignity of being able to have access to its missing family member!

Sincerely,

Calc U.Lator

iPad Mini. Still no Passbook, Voice Memo or Calculator?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.