Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to specify dates in ticketing/scheduling websites

I am having date problems with my computer. Websites, such as Amtrak, do not allow me to specify a future date, remaining stuck on today's date. This change has been accompanied with an inability of Time Machine to tell me when the next backup is scheduled, although the dates within Time Machine itself are there and appear to be correct. Presumably when your cursor goes into the date area, a calendar should pop-up, which, oddly, it does when I use Expedia and some lab appointment websites. I'm not sure at all if this is connected with the Time Machine problem but I thought I should mention it.

Any help out there?

Mac-Mini, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 6:48 PM

11 replies

Oct 25, 2012 12:20 PM in response to Neville Hillyer

Yes it is enabled. I checked Java preferences and it is enabled within the browsers.

Here's what I get, using firefox, when a right click on the date bax, select "inspect element" from the options, and then, from the pull down menu, select copy outer HTML:

<input value="Thu, Oct 25, 2012" maxlength="22" class="wdfDate ie6-text" id="wdfdate1" readonly="readonly" size="22" name="/sessionWorkflow/productWorkflow[@product='Rail']/tripRequirements/journe yRequirements[1]/departDate.date" type="text">

I'm fairly stumped.

Unable to specify dates in ticketing/scheduling websites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.