Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i put a password on my ipad - it seems that since i updated it i no longer need to enter a password when updating apps

Since i updated my ipad it seems that i no longer need to put in a password when updating apps and purchasing itunes. How do i restore this password setting?

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 12:04 AM

2 replies

Oct 26, 2012 9:52 AM in response to King_Penguin

We need to do the opposite. We are a business and installed a bunch of apps for many remote users. Purchased the apps via Apple's Volume Purchase Program (VPP) and installed them using the corporate Apple ID. We did this in reliance that they would be able to update the apps without knowing the corporate ID password. Worked well -- until last week. Unfortunately, this mysteriously changed. iOS 6 devices started prompting for passwords for updates. I say mysteriously because there doesn't seem to be any discussion of this on the InterWebs. This really hurts businesses like us who relied on this policy to install a lot of company paid software on remote users iPads. Now, they can't update. I wonder whether this is an intentional Apple policy change or some sort of regression in the store code.

how do i put a password on my ipad - it seems that since i updated it i no longer need to enter a password when updating apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.