Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop Game Center sign in splash screen!

I do not wish to use Game Center, or see its sign in splash screen every time I load a game. I've disabled it in notification, without success. I have also logged in to Game Center agreed to the terms then signed out... I still get the sign splash screen. Dose Apple expect everyone will use Game Center if subjected to this annoying login dialog long enough? It couldn't be like that, I must have just missed how to disable it, can anyone help? Thanks

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 10:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 9:32 PM

I didn't want to let it be. Persistence paid off. The answer is ---> log out of Game Center, load a game, when the splash screen appears tap the Apple ID, and delete it using the blue (x), then tap cancel. An alert box allows you to disable Game Center, and states you can enable it again by loading Game Center, and log back in.

It's not very intuitive, but it works.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2012 9:32 PM in response to Kilgore-Trout

I didn't want to let it be. Persistence paid off. The answer is ---> log out of Game Center, load a game, when the splash screen appears tap the Apple ID, and delete it using the blue (x), then tap cancel. An alert box allows you to disable Game Center, and states you can enable it again by loading Game Center, and log back in.

It's not very intuitive, but it works.

Nov 30, 2012 11:20 AM in response to User ID

I had Game Center disabled so that it wouldn't popup, but after upgrading to iOS 6 it started popping up again.

I can do the logout and multiple cancels, but that works for a few days and then it starts popping up again.

Very dumb design by Apple. If I have notifications disabled, I don't want it welcoming me back via notifications. And having no way to delete the Game Center account is dumb.

Apple needs to change their name to Orwell.

Stop Game Center sign in splash screen!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.