Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switching to iCloud without a Mac computer

i Would like to switch my wife from Google Calendars to iCloud calendar as thats what i have done and makes it easier to both be on the same system. i have a MBP, but she does not. Whats the best way to switch her?

with myself, in my Calendar/iCal ap i copied all my events and calendars over. She doesnt have this luxury of having a Mac. Can i give her a login on my MBP, login, set up her iCloud on my MBP and do as i did?

or is there an easier way?

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 10:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 11:42 PM

You can set up a new user account on your Mac for her, which then behaves in effect as if she had her own computer, and use it to set up an iCloud account from scratch. Note that any one device can only create three iCloud accounts. You need to keep her on a separate account from yours or everything will get jumbled up together: of course only one person at a time can use the Mac (though changing over can be effected quickly by using Fast User Swiotching).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2012 11:42 PM in response to mumbles2701

You can set up a new user account on your Mac for her, which then behaves in effect as if she had her own computer, and use it to set up an iCloud account from scratch. Note that any one device can only create three iCloud accounts. You need to keep her on a separate account from yours or everything will get jumbled up together: of course only one person at a time can use the Mac (though changing over can be effected quickly by using Fast User Swiotching).

Switching to iCloud without a Mac computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.