Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

install imovie ios 5.1.1

Dear Community,

I am really lost in this case. Prior to the iOS 6 update I have bought iMovie for the iPhone. I unsinstalled it, because I hadn't used it for some time. Now I urgently need it and cannot reinstall it as the new iMovie 1.4 is restricted to iOS 6. But I do not want to update to iOS 6! What to do? I'd accept installing the previous version of iMovie, but how?

I would appreciate quick help, as I want to edit a movie for my studies, and it's due in 5 days!

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Alex

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 1:15 AM

2 replies

Nov 27, 2012 12:54 AM in response to obzELiTe

actually thats a bit harsh, way i did it was 'rhymes with rail' break mine and then find the older version to download from a non appstore site.

you should not be forced to download the newer version when you paid and installed an older version.

the only other way i can see you doing it is if you have syched your phone with itunes and the older version is still on your pc and you haven't used itunes to update software. if thats the case, just reinstall from itunes and not the appstore.

install imovie ios 5.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.