Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it easy to use even if you never made music before ?

And does it have all instruments to make music from 0 to the final cut ?

Logic Pro

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 3:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 5:23 AM

The greatest hurdle in making music is making music, not using a DAW. Logic is reasonably accessible if you read the manual and are willing to learn. It contains enough material to make many kinds of music from start to end, but you won't be able to create a convincing big band sound or orchestral arrangement just using Logic's own samples and instruments. What you can do with logic depends monstly on your talent however. I produce all my music entirely within logic, but I have access to very talented musicians who contribute their part, and I have received musical training.

Furthermore, finishing a song in logic in a way that can be released commercially you also have to have considerable knowledge of mixing and sound engineering, and eventually even mastering. So yes, you can in principle use Logic to make music from start to end. But it usually takes many years to learn that, not because of logic, but because it's an art.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2012 5:23 AM in response to Briannew

The greatest hurdle in making music is making music, not using a DAW. Logic is reasonably accessible if you read the manual and are willing to learn. It contains enough material to make many kinds of music from start to end, but you won't be able to create a convincing big band sound or orchestral arrangement just using Logic's own samples and instruments. What you can do with logic depends monstly on your talent however. I produce all my music entirely within logic, but I have access to very talented musicians who contribute their part, and I have received musical training.

Furthermore, finishing a song in logic in a way that can be released commercially you also have to have considerable knowledge of mixing and sound engineering, and eventually even mastering. So yes, you can in principle use Logic to make music from start to end. But it usually takes many years to learn that, not because of logic, but because it's an art.

Oct 26, 2012 11:46 AM in response to Briannew

The short answer to "is it easy to use if you've never made music before"

No!

If you're really good at manipulating professional level software and reading manuals you might be able to cobble something together. Logic Audio is basically a recording studio in a box, not something that creates music with little user interaction.

You have Garageband on your computer, it's free, get proficient in using it before doing anything else.

(Garageband can produce professional quality music so don't think of it as a simple beginners tool, it covers all the fundamentals)

Is it easy to use even if you never made music before ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.