Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I remove applications from the location service?

In System Preferences> Security & Privacy> Privacy> Location Services are applications that ask the system to use the position of the Mac

I realized, after uninstalling applications (Beta and Tweetbot Tweetbot 1.0MacAppStore and also Busycal)

are not removed completely.

In place of the icon there is a sheet with the application name

User uploaded file

Can anyone tell me how to clean this section?

Applications the uninstall utilizizzando CleanMyMac, AppZapper and CleanApp

but I did not get the desired result.

I also looked into the operating system, but I found no trace

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 9:18 AM

14 replies

Dec 22, 2012 1:06 PM in response to FederSteel

I don't think you can. It's just a cosmetic issue. There isn't actually an application in that list. It's just a file that has references to applications. When an application asks for location information, the system checks the list to see if it is ok. If it is checked, the app gets the location, if it is there, but unchecked, it doesn't. If it is not there at all, the system asks if you want to allow it to use location services.

Dec 22, 2012 11:40 PM in response to chankaward

You can't remove anything in that list - it is placed there by the system unfortunately. As long as you do not have any checked, nothing will happen. When I got my new MBP, I immediately unchecked the "enable location services" and assume that is the reason why there is nothing showing at all:

User uploaded file

However, I have a number of applications listed in the Contacts section - I've not allowed any because I fail to see a valid reason why a word processing app or iMovie needs my Contacts.

Dec 30, 2012 7:29 PM in response to babowa

I wouldn't consider it a "major hack of the OS". The solution (called such because it does resolve the problem) invovles changing a configuration file of a service - a common admin type task. It's not like configuring the kernel, which would be much riskier. However, the solution is for people who are comfortable with using the terminal app / shell to more directly interract with the OS. There are plenty of Mac users who are comfortable doing that and plenty who are not. Both types will browse the discussion boards, so I offer it up. People can freely choose whether or not to use it.

Dec 30, 2012 7:53 PM in response to babowa

These are simply configuration files read by the system preferences and location services. Removing the entries in them (properly) followed by restarting to relaunch them should work just fine. Its not a "hack" per se, but just a circumvention of the default method of editing these files.

Another option is to remove the application altogether, which should have the location services update this file accordingly.

How can I remove applications from the location service?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.