Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cancel optimization???

How do can I cancel optimization? It is making my book too big to publish and takes hours. I manually optimized all of my content, so that my book would fall below the maximum books size, but the automated optimization made everything larger by at least 15%. Which genius didn't make optimization optional? How can I get the old iBook Author back or kill the optimization in the current disaster, known as 2.0?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), iBook Author

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 11:09 AM

14 replies

Oct 27, 2012 5:11 AM in response to arsfidelis

Image compression wasn't even a problem for Apple 20 years ago... Besides, iBook Author flattens all images when you export... It only appears optimizes video during layout. Besides, Apple is the company that markets itself as a company that's user experience first. Having been a user for much longer than I've been a developer, I definitely say that things are much less user first than they once were. Hipe is one thing, reality is another.

Cancel optimization???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.