Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incomplete texts arriving

When I send texts from Message 7.0.1 (3314) from my 15" Retina Powerbook, some messages are delivered truncated on my wife's iPhone 4s (e.g. only first 27 of 29 words). However, the texts arrive complete on my iPhone 5. Both of us have up-to-date iOS 6 on our phones.

This happens more often with longer (more than one sentence) texts, but my texts are not overly long and the problem does not always occur.

If I copy/paste and resend the message from my iPhone, the text arrives complete on her iPhone.

I am not sending any photos with these texts.

Any idea how to fix this?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 12:21 PM

1 reply

Oct 26, 2012 12:36 PM in response to Stickman123

HI,

That is the first time I have heard of this issue.

I did a one off test of over thirty words to my iPhone 4GS and had no problem.

I had not noticed an issue before (I have also sent my son longer messages when he had this iPhone and I had a 3GS)

I am not sure what to suggest.

User uploaded file
8:36 PM Friday; October 26, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mountain Lion 10.8.2)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

Incomplete texts arriving

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.