Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External Hard Drive Trouble

I tried to move my iTunes from my local drive to my external drive. What happened was that there was a copy of iTunes in the external hard drive and a new copy of iTunes had appeared in the local drive after I had deleted it. The iTunes folder would reappear in the Public Music folder (a different location) and I can't delete it, because then all of the music is wiped from my computer. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling directly onto the external hard drive. Unfortuntely this process started again. I went onto my iPod and checked to see if the settings were the problem, but the songs get backed up onto iCloud.

Please help! This has been driving me insane! Thank you!

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 1:18 PM

Hold down shift as you click the icon to start iTunes. Keep holding until asked to choose or create a library. Click choose and browse to the iTunes folder on the external drive.

To avoid problems in future obtain an additional hard drive and see this user tip.

tt2

4 replies

External Hard Drive Trouble

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.