Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software update

update software

iPad 2, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 12:59 PM

7 replies

Oct 26, 2012 1:16 PM in response to Syukhoi

Umm,

No Mac Specs.

Categorised with every option.

No mention of issue with the Messages App (what I was interested in), the Time Machine App, Mail app, Notes app or in fact the Finder itself.

No mention of issues with the Mac User Account, Getting On line or Networking or Printing.

No mention of actually using Mountain Lion.

Other than pointing out what you have not told us there is little anyone can add.

User uploaded file
9:16 PM Friday; October 26, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mountain Lion 10.8.2)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

Jan 21, 2013 11:46 AM in response to aamirskt

Hi,

I plugged my iPhone into my Mac which launches iTunes and it then tells me there is an Update.

User uploaded file
7:45 PM Monday; January 21, 2013

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mountain Lion 10.8.2)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

May 24, 2013 7:06 AM in response to Jesse109

You can't. The option to update directly from an iOS device didn't appear until iOS 5. You'll have to connect your iPod to iTunes on your computer to update. Note that you need a 3rd-generation iPod touch or later to get anything more recent than iOS 4.2.1.

By the way, you replied to posts that are months old. That's not usually a good strategy for getting quick and accurate response. It's better to 1) search the forums for your topic first to see if it's been answered (as your issue has been many times and then if you don't find anything 2) start a new topic.

Regards.

May 24, 2013 12:33 PM in response to Jesse109

Hi,

As I pointed out in the post I made first to this Thread - it is "Categorised" with all the filters and I mainly answer those about the Messages App.

I replied to the second Poster about their issue as it seemed simple.

Neither they or the Original Poster have come back to say or ask more.

I see Varpak Paw has been clear on both parts (your Question and raising old Threads)

User uploaded file
8:33 PM Friday; May 24, 2013

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mountain Lion 10.8.3)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

Software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.