Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Another Macbook Air Wireless Problem

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this, as i am unsure if it is down to Mountain Lion or a MBA problem. And sorry if i am a little long winded.

I have a Mid 2011 13" MBA running OS X 10.8.2, only owned it for a matter of less than a week.

All was fine connecting to wireless networks til i got the MBA home and connected to my Home network for the first time.

First connection to 'Home" went fine, no issues but now whenever i restart/shut down/ wake from sleep the MBA will not reconnect to "home"

It will not even detect that there is a "home" network active.

My old Mid 2007 white macbook connects perfectly fine still as does my sisters iPhone 3gs, just the MBA refuses to pick up the home network.

I have searched the forums and come across several similar problems relating to both OS X 10.8.2 and the older models of MBA having wifi issues with reconnection on wake from sleep etc....

And think i have tried most "solutions" but nothing has worked 😟. However i may have missed some trick as some of the threads are soo large and wide ranging i didnt read every single word.

My MBA connects perfectly alright to other networks away from home, e.g Work, Starbucks, Cloud etc... but seems my home network is the only one it refuses to detect anymore.

I have deleted all saved wifi networks and refreshed everything, bar reinstalling OS X.

I have created custom locations in the network settings.

I even tried flushing the NVRAM and PRAM but that didnt work.

I had suspected my router was to blame as had been set to use both the 20 and the 40 Mhz spectrums. But i soon changed to using only 20Mhz and checked all other settings but cannot see any other issues there. As i have an iphone and older Macbook that connect problem free.

I am now at my wits end as to what to try, other than tryin to take it to a Genius bar.

Any ideas??

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 2:46 PM

1 reply

Another Macbook Air Wireless Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.