Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought an iphone 5 2 days ago and both days, the battery has drained to 20% in 12 hours.... I thought it was supposed to have 8 hours of talk time? I haven't even been talking on it. 2 calls... just texting. Is there a app killer app available?

I bought an iphone 5 only 2 days ago and both days the battery has drained to 20%. All I have done is text and make 1 call... Are there any app killers or task killers for this phone to download?

iPhone 5

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 8:25 PM

4 replies

Oct 25, 2012 11:26 PM in response to traveler44

A function may be ON that is unnecessary, these are very difficult to trouble shoot. Even simple things such as screen brightness uses battery. But the battery usage you have seems to be fairly good. If I can get through the day on a single charge this is the only convenience I need. Charge at night, use during the day, charge at night, happy.

Oct 25, 2012 11:48 PM in response to traveler44

Well, i bought two iphone 5 for me and my wife...she used it for only 2 days and she gave it back to me complaining from the same problem and she went back to her 4S, i thought she was kidding until i used mine,,,oh my god, the battery does not last for more than 6 or 7 hours, even without making any calls. i was so happy with my previous 4S as i used to charge it at night and stay almost 2 days on a stand by before recharge it again. well, im done with apple, have an appointment today in apple store to return mine, and even if they give me 2 new ones, i will not even open them,,,, for sale right away.

I bought an iphone 5 2 days ago and both days, the battery has drained to 20% in 12 hours.... I thought it was supposed to have 8 hours of talk time? I haven't even been talking on it. 2 calls... just texting. Is there a app killer app available?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.