Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I setup a fcgid webapp on 10.8 Server

Hi All,

I've an external fcgid application that I want to deploy on OS X Server 10.8.2.

I didn't see mod_fcgid in libexec/apache2 so, I compiled and installed mod_fcgid.so and added the load module directive to httpd_server_app.conf (which I don't like doing since it will probably be overwritten when I update).

I then tried simply adding my apache configuration for the virtual host to /Library/Server/Web/Config/apache2/other directory but apache would no longer start. I don't see anything in the logs, so I can't report on what the issue is. I am comfortable that my virtual host configuration is correct as it's working under linux.

Then I came across the webapp directory which appeared to be the recommended way of installing new webapps. I created my plist and added it to the webapps directory, but my webapp doesn't show up in Server>Web Sites->My web site>Edit Advanced Settings...

Does anyone have an example of an external fcgid webapp.plist, or has anyone sucessfully deployed an external fcgi web application on OS X Server 10.8.2?

I've been playing for hours and it's starting to drive me crazy 🙂

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

OS X Server 10.8.2-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 5:38 AM

1 reply

How do I setup a fcgid webapp on 10.8 Server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.