Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Shuffle on music isn't working??

Hi,

On the Music App for some reason it is not allowing me to shuffle my playlist. It will just stay on the same stong unless I press the >> button (skip forward).

How do I make the shuffle work again?

Please Help!

Beth

iPod touch

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 5:31 AM

5 replies

Nov 3, 2017 3:24 AM in response to xngie_xoxo

I'm not sure why you haven't at least tried my suggestion (above, from my post of five years ago), but never mind.

If your iPod is repeating the same song that would suggest that you have the Repeat function turned on. If it's repeating just one song, then you have Repeat 1 turned on.

Different iPods (and the iPhone) display the Repeat and Shuffle icons in different ways, but basically the Repeat icon looks similar to the two shown here:

User uploaded file and when off the icon usually has a white background. When it's on, the background may be blue or red (depending on your device). If the Repeat 1 is on, the Repeat icon will look like the one shown here:

User uploaded file

The Shuffle button loks like this one:

User uploaded file

and again, when it's on the background may be either blue or red. It's usually white when off.

So make sure the Repeat function is off.

Oct 26, 2012 5:35 AM in response to bethanmai

Try:

- Reset the iPod. Nothing will be lost

Reset iPod touch: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup

- Restore to factory settings/new iPod.

Oct 26, 2012 12:53 PM in response to bethanmai

bethanmai wrote:

Hi,

On the Music App for some reason it is not allowing me to shuffle my playlist. It will just stay on the same stong unless I press the >> button (skip forward).

How do I make the shuffle work again?

Turn off the "stong" (sic) repeat feature. (sorry, couldn't resist it! 😉)

On the scrubber bar (top of the Now Playing screen, that displays the time played/time remmaining), the left icon (two chasing arrows) is song repeat. If it's in blue, then repeat (all) is on. If the icon also has a 1 in it, then it's only single song repeat. When the icon is white, repeat is off. Tap the icon to toggle between the options.

The Shuffle icon is on the right hand end of the scrubber bar, it's the intertwinned arrows. Blue is Shuffle on, white is Shuffle off.

My Shuffle on music isn't working??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.