Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I heard that I you purchase an ipad 3 before 30 days u can still exchange for the ipad 4 is it true?

Is it true or not?

The New iPad ( iPad 3)-OTHER, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 8:29 AM

Yes, provided your vendor participates. Call them and ask.

10 replies

Oct 26, 2012 8:58 AM in response to Zebedeo

You should try to return from where you bought it. Someone (who bought the old 'new ipad more than 14 days but fewer than thirty days ago) posted the other day that in NYC the Fifth Ave. Apple store would not honor the exchange but the Upper West Side store (less than a mile away) did exchange it.

Two days ago, a Best Buy was still selling the 'new' ipad at regular prices. I thought their return policy was/is 14 days, but I checked and it's actually thirty days (see website.) There was no specification that it was different for ipads or other electronics.

And if I were you, I would take your product (with all the peripherals it came with) and receipt and bring it in. Ask to speak to a manager. It's easy to say 'no' over the phone - one less disgruntled ipad owner to deal with.

DO IT ASAP!

One thing Apple needs to do is get all their retail stores to participate!

Hope this helps.

Oct 26, 2012 9:32 AM in response to Zebedeo

Previously I posted that someone had posted that the NYC Fifth Ave. store was not honoring the thirty day exchange (but the UES store will.) Please note that this information was posted by someone in the past two days on another thread.

I had called Apple for another reason, and was just told that the Fifth Ave. store is now honoring the exchange.

Oct 26, 2012 9:54 AM in response to Zebedeo

It's an Apple store in New York. I only brought it up because someone had posted yesterday or the day before that the Fifth Ave. Store in New York would not honor the thirty day exchange, but another Apple store less than a mile away honored it for that poster. And I used that in an example to point out that some stores would honor it, and now the Fifth Ave. store is. (I thought it fair to Apple and to update the change that someone reported in the thread I just mentioned.

Again, though (and I don't know where you live,) I suggest you bring your 'new' ipad into the store you bought it from and try to get the exchange.

I heard that I you purchase an ipad 3 before 30 days u can still exchange for the ipad 4 is it true?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.