arnoal wrote:... Does anybody have a similar issue? ...
arnoal wrote: ... idea?
If your sight works with Apple apps, does not have a user-specific problem (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2090), and if your software reinstall doesn't fix your trouble, try separate solutions for each of your troublesome third-party apps.
(1) You can get help for Skype-specific problems directly from Skype's dedicated support pages. Start here:
If you still cannot resolve your problem, search or post on Skype's own forum specifically for Skype users: http://community.skype.com/
(2) )I don't use mathematica, but you can start here for that third-party app: http://www.wolfram.com/support/
When you reinstalled MAC OS X did you have to uninstall skype before you did that ??
(1) If you don't hear back from arnoal, the answer is "No." However, you should first verify that your ONLY iSight problem in any user account is when using the Skyoe application, See my previous post above if you need help deciding this.
(2) Although Klaus told you how to update to the most current version of you Mac OS in one of your previous threads, your user profile shows that you are still using a PowerMac with Mac OS X (10.5.6). If you are still (or again) using, 10.5.6, after you reinstall Leopard, follow Klaus' information and update to the latest version of your Mac OS. 10.5.8 is necessary because it is the minimum OS System Requirement for the latest (184.108.40.20646) Skype version.
Before updating or reinstalling, I suggest that you restart Mac. Then use Disk Utility to repair permissions before and again after updating or reinstalling your OS.
(3) If your problem continues after reinstalling and updating to 10.5.8, reinstall Skype, repair permissions again, and try Skype once more.
(4) If the Skype-specific problem continues, search or post on Skype's own forum specifically for Skype users: http://community.skype.com/ The Skype users who post there may have already identified and solved your problem.