Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleting contacts

deleting contacts

iPad, Windows 7

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 8:32 AM

12 replies

Oct 26, 2012 9:01 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

As I enter a letter in the send field, people whose name begings with said letter (J/ James Ward comes up) with several others with same initial. They aren't in my P.C. address book, so when I sync they should only sync exeisting addresses. But I oft times just use my iPad for for emails. So when I go to send or reply , all these other names appear. Just want to remove them.

Oct 26, 2012 12:20 PM in response to jim cos

Those aren't coming from your contacts list, it is just an auto fill function in the mail app (they are from email addresses in emails you have on the iPad. At least in iOS 6, to remove one, when it pops up and isn't in your contacts, you should see a blue buton beside it. Tap the button and you will hav an option to remove it from recents (or add it tocontcts, etc.). If you are on an earlier verion of iOS, I'm not sure you can remove it, but it will eventually fall off the list it not used.

Aug 10, 2013 7:46 AM in response to jim cos

My contacts keep getting deleted too. A typical pattern for this occurrence is that I will serch for a person in my contacts, select them to send a text message and then when the screen switches to text message from the contact the contact has changed to just the phone number listed at the top instead of the person's name. It does seem to effect more recent contacts more than older contacts. I can't really explain why.

deleting contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.