Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try to open my aperture library, I get the message "There was an error opening the database for the library “/Users/alyssabouma/Pictures/Aperture Library.aplibrary”. help!

When I try to open my Aperture Library, I get this message: "There was an error opening the database for the library “/Users/alyssabouma/Pictures/Aperture Library.aplibrary”.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the library....Help!!

iOS 6

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 8:45 AM

1 reply

Oct 26, 2012 8:54 AM in response to lyssalou126

lyssalou,

what is your Aperture version and what is your MacOS X version?

What happened, before this problem occurred? Did you import images, install software, move the Aperture library?

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the library....Help!!

What do you mean by reinstalling the library? Did you reinstall Aperture?

You might start the trouble shooting with using the Aperture Library First Aid Tools - repairing the permissions, repairing the library, and rebuilding, if necessary, see:

Aperture 3 User Manual: Repairing and Rebuilding Your Aperture Library

Before rebuilding the library, make a backup of the Aperture Library, if you do not have one.

Regards

Léonie

When I try to open my aperture library, I get the message "There was an error opening the database for the library “/Users/alyssabouma/Pictures/Aperture Library.aplibrary”. help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.