Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Manual IMAP Config for Other Mail Account

This is really an iOS question, relevant to iPhone and iPod Touch too, but will ask it here.

Is there a way to have iOS always prompt me to choose between POP and IMAP when configuring an Other email account?

I see the ability about 50% of the time with my clients' devices: Settings:Mail,Contacts,Calendars:Accounts:Add Account...:Other:Add Maill Account:Provide Name, Email, Password, Description and Here is where the fork in the road only seems to be provided IF upon selecting Next iOS doesn't pick the proper settings, Otherwise you usually get a new POP Config that can't be changed to IMAP.

I'm sure different versions of iOS have looked different, so let's just talk v5 and v6, preferably v5 since it is still the most popular.

My only workaround is to configure an IMAP account in Mail on a Mac or Outlook on Windows and sync the settings, not always viable or desireable.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4), Lots of Sound!

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 8:12 AM

New workaround thanks to More Like This after I posted: purposely enter the wrong password and Next will bring up the config screen.

Would prefer not to play games...

2 replies

Manual IMAP Config for Other Mail Account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.