Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sony DSC-RX100 Video and Images supported?

Hey all,

I was wondering about if anyone has a DSC-RX100 that they have successfully used with iPhoto. Successful = imported video & images by connecting their camera to iphoto and clicking import.

I had a dsc-hv9v sony camera which was great until its demise. The issue was the images came over fine but the videos did not. (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5251) Sony uses a MTS (AVCHD) format. Which seems to have issues importing to iphoto.

thanks

OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 2:41 PM

11 replies

Oct 26, 2012 2:50 PM in response to SU

The most recent version of iPhoto supports some AVCHD codecs, but not all. As for the RAW format - that is supported in the latest Raw update, so both still image formats are supported.

The camera also shoots MP4, correct? If you're not shooting to edit, (in which case you'd use iMovie) why shoot AVCHD? All you get is more file size for no point, no?

May 21, 2013 9:48 AM in response to SU

Just to give you a heads up. You can choose to shoot video in a non-AVCHD format but by default the camera shoots AVCHD so go to the settings to change that. But a owner can chime in to confirm just in case i'm getting my sony cams mixed up.

Also, iphoto 9.4.3 still does not support this MTS format.

Sony DSC-RX100 Video and Images supported?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.