Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

About Chinese book and ePub 3.0

According to the iBookstore Publisher Support, they require Chinese books with right to left or vertical text in EPUB 3 format. So far I could not find any ePub editor capable to do so, and failed to delivered my book with iTunes Producer. I wonder if anyone have successfully created any Chinese Book that met the requirements? If so, which App did you use? Please share with me. I've been looking for this for way too long......

iBook

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 12:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 6:18 AM

Have you asked on the Adobe InDesign forums? I think that app is one that might be used by people doing vertical format and they may have figured out the epub translation problem.

10 replies

Nov 4, 2012 6:28 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Yes, the trick is do not use any Chinese character when you edit metadatas in InDesign. Book title, author name, etc. Those Chinese characters will cause errors when uploading through iTunes Connect. Also, do not use Chinese ePub file names for your Asset and Preview files. Input your Chinese Book title only in iTunes Connect.

Hope to see many Chinese books soon. And more iBookstores.

Nov 6, 2012 8:30 AM in response to AM-pubsec

It's very simple. Just upload it through iTunes Producer. If you succeed, it is proofed. If you fail, ITC will show you some error messages which you have no ideal what they are about.

I tried to open my ePub files with my wife's iphone 4 to see if they are ok. But even if they look okay on the phone, it still may not be good enough for ITC. So just upload it, and say something nice to your ITC. Eventually, it will pass. Good luck.

About Chinese book and ePub 3.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.