Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod shuffle is not detecting in both windows and itunes, its not charging as well

Suddently my IPOD stopped detecting in my PC, i have tried in another laptop with windows XP as well, but still it just blinks 3 times and goes off. Hence i am unable to charge or upload the songs into the ipod shuffle. It was working until 2 days back.

Can anyone please suggest a solution for this problem

I have tried by connecting to different USB ports as well.

iPod shuffle, Windows 7, Tried with Win XP as well.

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 11:20 PM

14 replies

Oct 30, 2012 6:52 AM in response to SridharVaradarajan

Does the iPod otherwise function as expected? Is it properly recognized when you connect it to another PC or Mac running the latest version of iTunes?

What if you reset the Shuffle with it still connected to the PC?

Resetting iPod shuffle

Have you worked through each and every troubleshooting suggestion in this Apple support document.

iPod not recognized in 'My Computer' and in iTunes for Windows

B-rock

Oct 31, 2012 6:35 AM in response to planb77

I could see most of the sections listed in the Pod not recognized in 'My Computer' and in iTunes for Windows link is mostly for Apple MAC OS , whereas mine is WIn 7. But even in that case i have tried what and all applicable for win7, but still its not working

I have also tried the solution mentioned in https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3942796 link, but no use.

Can you please point me with some other solution so that i can give a try.

Thanks.

Oct 31, 2012 6:40 AM in response to SridharVaradarajan

I could see most of the sections listed in the Pod not recognized in 'My Computer' and in iTunes for Windows link is mostly for Apple MAC OS , whereas mine is WIn 7

Huh? The article states it is for Windows so all the suggestions refer to Windows PCs and NOT Macs.

Make sure the connections on each end of the cable are nice and snug. Does the iPod still charge and function as expected?

B-rock

Nov 5, 2012 6:46 AM in response to planb77

I have tried once again all the solutions mentioned in the section, but still my IPOD is not getting charged 😟

Only if its get charged i can able to check whether it is functioning properly or not

I have also tried with another Win XP machine itself, but still it doesnt work.

Once the IPOD is connected with the laptop, it blinks with Orange light for 4 times and then goes off.

Its not getting charged. This is my problem

Nov 5, 2012 11:34 PM in response to planb77

Buttons are working fine, because when i switch on the ipod and plugged it in the charger, it shows first as green and then moving to orange (after 3 to 4 blinks) its goes off

And also i tried resetting the ipod as well (as per suggested for 2nd generation)

Today, i gave a try from my another machine \

* i switched off the ipod

* i plugged into the charger

* it blinks for 3 to 4 times and then goes off. with this plugging itself, i switched on the ipod

* i plugged out the cable from the machine and plugged it back immediately

* This time it is getting charged

* i allowed it to charge for 2 hours and plugged out and now i could see playing songs successfully

But the problem the same thing is not working in my personal laptop, it is with WIn 7 (whereas the machine which is working with is WIn XP)

Even i tried to see whether it is detecting in Itunes of my personal laptop, it is not getting detected and not getting charged also. So i uninstalled the itunes and tried again, but it still it is not getting detected in Personal laptop and not charging also.

Nov 7, 2012 2:53 AM in response to planb77

It is showing as unrecognized device in my another laptop and hence it is not showing in my computer as well

Whereas in my personal laptop it is not detecting itself.

Yes, i have tried with all the USB ports in the laptop. Is there any way to check whether the port is receiving sufficient power or not ?

Can you suggest me a way to detect the ippod in my personal laptop

Nov 7, 2012 6:10 AM in response to SridharVaradarajan

If the laptop was made in the last few years, than it should without a doubt output enough power to charge and sync your Shuffle. However, that depends on whether or not other USB devices are plugged in as well.

I'm running a little low on ideas actually here. Do you have an Apple Store or Apple Authorized reseller around you could take both items into to have them troubleshooting the problem?

B-rock

Jan 18, 2016 8:39 PM in response to SridharVaradarajan

Since this is still high up in Google searches, what worked for me:

Unplug your iPod from the computer.

Navigate to Control Panel -> Programs -> Uninstall a program

Find the program "Apple Mobile Device Support" or similar.

Right-click, uninstall.

Plug your iPod back in.

When you plug your iPod back in, it will reinstall whatever drivers it needs.

I think the mobile device driver just gets stuck or something if you shut down your computer without ejecting your iPod (leaving the program running).

ipod shuffle is not detecting in both windows and itunes, its not charging as well

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.