Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recommendation for external display that matches MBP 17" Display

I already have 2-27" Mac Thunderbolt Displays hooked up to my Mac Mini but need a recommendation for a display for work space to use with my 17"MBP. I'd like to find a monitor that matches the MBP without Thunderbolt price. Any recommedations? All I am seeing at Best Buy are flat screens.

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 3:02 AM

3 replies

Oct 27, 2012 3:49 AM in response to Chris Sterns

You're not going to find anything, really, that will 'match' your 17" screen - the best you can do is to get the screens color corrected using something like the SpyderEilite4. What size screen are you looking for? There are some really decent IPS monitors out there for right at $600 - go 'shopping' on Amazon and find one that fits your needs.

I love my ATD but you're right - it's pricey. And it's not as color correct as an Eizo (which are just out of my league, price-wise). But if you keep all of your monitors calibrated you should be able to get 'good enough' color out of them all.

Clinton

Oct 27, 2012 4:27 AM in response to Chris Sterns

The Dell UltraSharp's are supposed to be very good. All feature IPS technology. I see a number of people on the Photoshop forum who use them. The 24" models seem to go from about $300-500US. The 30" is about $1,200, though. Just search on Amazon for "dell utrasharp" and you'll see 4-5 different models (and I'm assuming that you can order from Dell as well).

Most other monitors - other than the Eizo - a pretty much pooh-poohed on the Photoshop forums (and particularly in the Adobe color management forum). If you can, find an electronics shop nearby that sells the UltraSharps and take a look at them.

Good luck,

Clinton

Recommendation for external display that matches MBP 17" Display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.